Broadford Harbour Users Association

 

 

 

 

 

»Home  

 

 

In 1882-4, Frances Groome's Ordnance Gazetteer of Scotland described Broadford like this:

 

"Broadford, a bay, a burn, and a village of the Strath parish, Isle of Skye, Inverness-shire. The bay confronts the entrance of Loch Carron; is screened at its month by Pabay island, and has a somewhat triangular outline, measuring 5½ miles wide. The village stands about 6-7 miles West of Kyleakin; and is described by Mr Black in Madcap Violet 'as a little cluster of white houses, with a brilliant show of dahlias and a dark-green line of trees, right behind which rise the great red granite shoulders of Ben-naCailleach."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

»Moorings
»Facilities
»Map of Broadford
»History
»Weather
»Contact Us